In compliance with the Illinois governor’s stay-at-home order issued March 20, 2020, we closed our facilities and shut down our in-person worship until further notice. Now that the state has issued no guidance regarding reopening, we have decided to resume in-person worship on Sunday, July 12. Until then, we offer a weekly PHONE-IN worship experience every Sunday at 10:40 a.m. For details about that worship, CLICK HERE.
- We postponed indefinitely the Faith Planter classes that had been scheduled to occur in advance of Easter Sunday, as well as the baptismal service we had planned for Easter Sunday itself. We will of course announce new dates when they become available.
- We have postponed indefinitely the two Helmets of Hope fundraisers we had planned for the month of May: “May Day Mariachi” (May 1) and the second Helmets quarter auction (May 15).
- Churches United has suspended operations at all of its meal sites, including the one hosted by Mt Zion Baptist Church in East Moline, for which we prepare and serve the meal on the second Monday of even-numbered months. It’s therefore unclear when our teams will next serve.
- We created an online forum community for people connected to our church. Find it by CLICKING HERE.
- We check the church's office's voice mail regularly, or you may contact us through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CHURCH’S FINANCES
Providing for the financial health of our church is a difficult but critical element of our fight against the effects of COVID-19. While several of our households send financial support via personal checks mailed to the church, or with help from their financial institutions, which send checks to the church on prescribed days of the month, many other of our households provide tithes and offerings in the tray that passes during Sunday worship. Given the cancellation of our worship and for the well-being of our church’s finances and our ability to meet fixed costs such as utilities and payroll, we pray households in the latter group - who give on Sunday mornings - will adjust their approach to giving. Whether you give weekly, monthly, or at some other frequency, we pray you will be able to maintain your faithful support in one or more of three ways:
- By mailing your personal checks to the church (3501 7th St, East Moline, IL 61244)
- By establishing a scheduled gift through your financial institution, which will send your gifts to the church in the amounts and at the frequency of your choice
- By donating at our website (CLICK HERE) where also you can establish a schedule for your gifts to the church in the amounts of your choice; our online giving service is 100% safe and secure.
The mission and ministries of FCCEM appreciate and very much depend on your faithful financial support, perhaps now more than ever. Thank you in advance for your help during these trying times.
A CLOSING WORD
We proclaim it every Sunday. It’s crucial that we remember and repeat it today: Our God will never, ever, EVER let us go.