The next major fundraiser for our Helmets of Hope household supply ministry to veterans is a quarter auction that we'll host in our building on Friday, November 15, beginning at 6:00 p.m. Never heard of a quarter auction? Want to know more? Read on!
- Part auction, part raffle
- Buy one or more numbered paddles when you arrive, paddles you'll use to place your "bids"
- Auction items are displayed, described, and auctioned one at a time
- Amount of each ”bid” depends on the value of the item being auctioned, but usually is a quarter, or sometimes a few quarters
- To “bid,” place the correct number of quarters in the passing bid basket for each paddle you want to use for that item, then hold up those paddles
- We’ll draw a paddle number at random; if that paddle is raised because it was used to make a bid, its owner wins the item; if that paddle is not raised, we’ll draw paddle numbers until we find a winner of the item
- Then all paddle numbers that were drawn are put back, and we do it all again to auction off the next item
HOW MUCH DO PADDLES COST?
Buy 1 for $3, 2 for $5, and 5 for $10 (buy four, get one free!)
HOW ABOUT FOOD AND DRINK?
Feel free to bring your own snacks; we’ll sell beverages
WHERE ARE THE AUCTION ITEMS COMING FROM?
Advocare; Arthur's Garden Deli; Atlantic Bottling Company; Casey's General Stores; Celebration Belle Cruises; Designs by Janice; Hy-Vee Market Restaurants; Isabel Bloom; Java Java Coffee; Jumer's Casino & Hotel; Obsessed With Shine Paparazzi Accessories; Pampered Chef; Planet Fitness; Quad City Storm Hockey; Quad City River Bandits Baseball; The Putnam Museum; The Tattered Shoe;Thirty-One; Whitey’s Ice Cream... and counting!
WHAT IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR AN ITEM FOR THE AUCTION?