Here are a few images of our Trunk or Treat setting and the team that helped welcome 400 guests to the year 2022 event.
For thirteen consecutive years beginning in 2007, we welcomed the neighborhood to our grounds with candy and other goodies in an event known by us and lots of churches and groups as "Trunk or Treat." The purpose of the ministry was simple: Contribute to kids' experience of a fun and safe Halloween, while we welcome and make ourselves known to the community.
Trunk or Treat was an immediate success - we knew instantly that we would continue the ministry at Halloweens to come - but we didn't know what a success it would become. By 2016, we welcomed upwards of 500 guests to our grounds as we moved the event from our 7th St sidewalk to an area we call "The Pointe" on the east side of our building. Once at that location, we were equipped to serve s'mores, hot chocolate, and of course, candy, to our guests from The Pointe's picnic tables. Trunk or Treat had become one of our signature ministries.
Sadly, our streak of consecutive Trunk of Treat events ended in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic. But last year, the event ... and the neighborhood ... returned to our grounds. We're excited to invite you to join us for Trunk or Treat XV. Here's what you need to know:
- We'll be open from 5:00-8:00 p.m. on Halloween night - Monday, October 31.
- EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE and EVERY GENERATION is welcome to our grounds.
- In compliance with our current COVID protocols, we won't be serving snacks or drinks. But our iconic mystery tree WILL be out and welcoming guests, and, of course, there'll be LOTS of candy to go around.
- Bugs Bunny, of Looney Tunes fame, and some characters from "Hocus Pocus" will be our special guests (and might even be available for pictures!).
- Our church sits 100 yards off 7th St in East Moline. Look for the Trunk or Treat banner and our lighted FCCEM sign. Walk- or drive in and follow the lights to "Happy Hallow."
In spite of the ongoing COVID pandemic, we had a GREAT night on Halloween for Trunk or Treat XIV. Have a look... and THANKS!
The premise of Trunk or Treat is simple: Trick or Treaters, their parents or other chaperones, and anyone curious stop by our church, either on foot, in a vehicle, and we hand them goodies. In years past, we've provided hot chocolate and s'mores, much to everyone's delight. Our COVID protocols won't permit us to do so this year, but we WILL offer a warm welcome and treats that are commercially and individually wrapped. Here's what you need to know:
- WHAT: Trunk or Treat 2021
- WHEN: Sunday, October 21, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
- WHERE: First Christian Church of East Moline - 3501 7th St, EM
- DETAILS: Come in costume or not, on foot or in a vehicle, to receive our welcome. Hold your sack or bag open and we'll deliver. All candies will be commercially and individually wrapped. All of our team members will be masked and gloved, BUT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE! And finally, make sure you knock on our Trunk or Treat mystery tree!
We think the kids and others we welcome to our grounds on Trunk or Treat night have great experiences and move to their next stops feeling glad for having spent some time with us. The biggest reason for those great experiences are the people of our on-site team and the goodies the team distributes.
If you're connected to FCCEM, we'd love to welcome you to our on-site team. We encourage team members to dress in costume, but it's not required.
If you're not connected to FCCEM, you can still partner with us by praying for the event. We'd be blessed by your support as you asked God to bless our efforts. And if you do pray for Trunk or Treat, let us know! Send us a note through our "Contact Us" page.