We've participated in Operation Christmas Child, the Christian outreach to children in developing nations, for many years. In 2018 we accepted an invitation to serve as a drop-off location in the Quad Cities. In that new role, we've welcomed, packed into cartons, and moved to the Quad Cities' central drop-off location thousands of shoeboxes filled with age- and gender appropriate gifts donated by individuals, families, churches, and other organizations. In 2021, we served as a drop-location for a fourth time. Below is a link to an image gallery that reflects our experience in 2021, and another gallery that reports a bit of our process as a location (the second).
CLICK HERE to review a gallery of images that reflect our OCC experience as a drop-off location in 2021.
AND NOW, a gallery that reports the invitation we offered during national collection week to shoe box donors in 2021:
Monday, November 15, was the first day of National Collection Week for Operation Christmas Child, the global ministry to kids in developing nations of Samaritan's Purse. And for the fourth consecutive year, FCCEM is serving as an Illinois-Quad Cities shoe box drop-off location.
We invite you to bring your box(es) to our station on the lower level of our church building. We'll meet you at your vehicle, unload your boxes, ask for a couple of bits of information, pray God's blessing upon your gift, and wish you a blessed and satisfying day knowing that you've contributed to a great international effort.
Here's our schedule for the rest of the week:
- Tuesday–Saturday, November 16-20: 10:00am–Noon
- Sunday, November 21: 2:00–4:00pm
- Monday, November 22: 10:00am-Noon
Packing a shoe box is easy and fun! For ALL the information you need, CLICK HERE.
In brief (details at the link above)
- Find a shoe box
- Get a label to identify the age and gender of the child for whom you packed the box
- Fill the box with age- and gender appropriate items
- Donate online or by mail the suggested $9 for shipping and handling for each box you pack
- Pray for your box
- Deliver your box to FCCEM or one of the other OCC drop-locations in the Quad Cities
Our Drop-off location's hours this year
- Monday, November 15: 10:00-Noon; 6:00-8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday-Saturday, November 16-20: 10:00-Noon
- Sunday, November 21: 2:00-4:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 22: 10:00-Noon
First Christian Church of East Moline
3501 7th St.
East Moline, IL 61244